Shannan Barclay Tuorto is a native of central Pennsylvania. She received her undergraduate degree from Ithaca College in 2005 and received her JD from Vermont Law School in 2009. While in law school, Shannan interned with Pisgah Legal Services Mountain Violence Prevention Program and served as a law clerk to the Honorable Rebecca Knight, retired Buncombe County Family Court Judge. Shannan practices exclusively in the field of Family Law. She has experience in divorce, custody, child support, alimony, equitable distribution, and drafting of prenuptial and separation agreements.
Shannan is a MAVL volunteer attorney, member of the Family Law Section of the North Carolina State Bar, member of the Young Lawyer’s Division, and member of the North Carolina Women Attorney’s Association. Throughout her career, Shannan has devoted time and energy to improving the quality of the practice of family law through Bar Membership and Service. As an active community member, Shannan has helped organize the annual “Ask-A-Lawyer Day” through the State Bar’s Young Lawyer’s Division for multiple years. She has practiced family law in Asheville since 2009. Shannan lives with her family in Alexander, NC.
- Young Lawyer’s Division – Outstanding Service Award – April 2014
- National Academy of Family Law Attorneys – Top 10 Under 40 in North Carolina – 2015
- “Rising Star” – North Carolina Super Lawyers, 2019
- “Rising Star” – North Carolina Super Lawyers, 2018
- “Rising Star” – North Carolina Super Lawyers, 2017
- Board Certified Specialist in Family Law